Water companies ramp up water supply to meet heatwave demand
Water companies are pumping extra water into their network to cope with a record surge in demand during the ongoing heatwave.
To help prevent any water restrictions, companies are asking everyone to makes a few simple changes to your everyday routines:
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth.
- Taking a four minute shower.
- Reusing paddling pool to water the garden rather than pouring it away.
- Water your garden at night, when it has most benefit, with a watering can.
- Let your lawn go brown – it will recover.
- Wash your car after the heatwave.