Would you like to volunteer for the Covid 19 Volunteer Response Team? TVA is encouraging potential volunteers to register their interest in joining a pool of Community Support Volunteers. We will then match you with the organisations who are supporting our community and who need your help. Click here if you would like to help https://tva.org.uk/opportunity/covid-19-response-team-td-5331/
It's something that everyone can do
Whatever your interests, wherever you live, whether you have a lot of time or a little – you will be giving your time to help charities and community groups improve lives.
Not only will you have the satisfaction and achievement of making a difference, volunteering can also provide you with many benefits including:
- the opportunity to make new friends and contacts
- the chance to have fun doing something you’ve never tried before
- a greater sense of well-being
- increased confidence
- a chance to develop your job and career prospects
- learning new skills
What volunteers are saying
Some of the ways you can help to make a difference...
- helping on local community projects
- spending time mentoring or befriending a vulnerable person
- joining an organisation as a chairman, treasurer, trustee or committee member
- working outdoors to improve the environment
- assisting with local sports initiatives
- caring for animals and wildlife
Volunteer Centres can help make it happen
Before you volunteer
Before you start to volunteer it is important to consider what you want to do, how much time you can commit and how often you can do it – there is usually a volunteer role to suit everyone.
We can assist you through this process by either meeting you for a chat, discussing it over the phone or you can contact us by email. Once we’ve helped you to narrow down your choices, we can then put you in touch with suitable organisations.
How to get started
Tandridge Voluntary Action supports volunteering across Tandridge district and operates two volunteer centres in Oxted and Caterham.
To volunteer –
- either access the easy-to-use search tool on this web page, to see what volunteering opportunities might be suitable for you;
- or, if you are not quite sure what you would like to do, contact one of the volunteer centres, and we can offer you advice and a confidential one-to-one interview in the centre or on the telephone, at a time to suit you.