There are only 18 days until Volunteers’ Week 2019!
Hopefully by now you’ve:
Do remember to let the world know how your celebrating. Last year, the events page was viewed more than 40,000 times! If your event isn’t listed, you’re missing out on some great publicity.
Still not sure what it’s all about?
That’s OK. Grab a cuppa and settle down to watch our Volunteers’ Week 2019 webinar. In it, we explain:
- Why we have Volunteers’ Week
- A tour of the resources on the website
- How to use the events listing
- Getting involved on social media
What’s happening during the week
Need a bit more inspiration?
The communications pack is now available. This contains a more detailed run down on what’s happening during the week, including the infamous twitter party and this year’s themed days. The pack also contains template tweets to get you started.
This year, we’re also asking those people who are well known to our volunteers to tweet, write and say thanks. We’ve put together a template letter to start you off, but why not ask your patrons or celebrity supporters to:
- Record a 30 second video for your Facebook page talking about the difference your volunteers make.
- Write a letter telling how your volunteers might have helped them personally.
- Tweet a picture of them holding up a sign saying ‘thanks’.
We’d love to fill up social media channels on Saturday 1 June with these messages.
And remember to use #VolunteersWeek!