Media and Communications Support Volunteer (CSVA)
We run a Work Experience session to assist our beneficiaries and provide work experience and skills training in a supportive environment in order to help them discover their interests and skills and to encourage steps towards employment or other voluntary work.
Our Support Volunteers assist our beneficiaries by mentoring, providing skills training and support them in gaining work experience and therefore need to have expertise in several (but not necessarily all) of the following areas:
· MARKETING – To help support with all aspects of promotional events within the community, leaflet design, production and distribution, event management etc. as required.
· WEBSITE – Design, building and updating according to guidance
· SOCIAL MEDIA – Managing and updating Facebook page and Twitter account
· RECORD KEEPING - Update worksheets, work diaries and drop box in order to monitor progress and communicate task completion.
What skills do I need?
· INTERPERSONAL TEAM WORKING – Working alongside other colleagues and professionals, demonstrating effective team working abilities. To contribute to discussion, communicate ideas and be part of business development.
· COMMUNICATION SKILLS – To communicate with people at all levels e.g. Meetings, face to face, telephone, email, and letter.
· ORGANISATIONAL – Working in an organised manner, working to the priorities as set out by the staff member in charge.
· QUALITY STANDARDS – To receive the necessary support from the whole team to work to theoptimum level in terms of quality, accuracy and pace
· CONFIDENTIALITY – Being aware of service user confidentiality and data protection legislation.
· POLICIES & PROCEDURES – to comply with WSS Policies and Procedures
· HEALTH & SAFETY –Awareness of Health and Safety in the workplace and employer/employee responsibilities and perform duties in such a way that the health and safety of self and others is protected.
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When can I volunteer?
3 hours per week, Wednesdays or other days to be negotiated
Painshill Park Trust (CSVA)
Tandridge Voluntary Action (TVA) (TD)
The Counselling Partnership (CSVA)
Elizabeth Court Care Home (TD)