Community Support Volunteer - Covid 19 Response Team (TD)
In response to the Covid 19 outbreak, TVA is registering a pool of potential volunteers to support the local community in the next few weeks/months.
The support needed is likely to be temporary and co-ordinated but may include activities such as:
- providing practical support to older people and other vulnerable groups affected by covid 19 e.g. shopping
- checking in with people over the phone
- supporting the running of foodbanks and community meal providers
- driving - to transport people and supplies
- IT advice for voluntary organisations and individuals about communicating online
- Administrative support - helping organisations to change the way they deliver services and contact people in need
When registering, it would also be helpful to state:
1. your age and any underlying health conditions (so we can match you with a suitable activity)
2. whether you hold a current driving licence and have access to a car
3. whether you have a current DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check and if so, with which organisation or if you are currently employed, could your Employer provide a character reference.
What skills do I need?
Skills needed will vary depending on the role and activity.
Tandridge Voluntary Action (TVA) (TD)
- Emergency Response
- Health and Hospices
- Mental Health
- No Specific Interest
- Older People
- Administration and Office
- Befriending & Buddying
- Employee Volunteering
- IT and Websites
- One Off Activity / Events
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
When can I volunteer?
Adhoc as and when required
This opportunity is available in: Tandridge
Stripey Stork (RB)
National Trust - Quebec House (TD)
First Community Health and Care (TD)
Dorking Museum and Heritage Centre (CSVA)