Date(s) - 2nd May
10:00 am - 4:15 pm
St John's Church
The course costs £40 to members of TVA and £55 to non-members including lunch.
If you would like to become a member of TVA download the membership pack here Membership Pack 2019-20
This one-day course explores the basic principles of how to run a good volunteer induction programme and is tailored towards those with specific responsibility for inducting volunteers into their organisation.
This course will help you to:
- Recognise why the induction process is good for you, your organisation and the
- Establish key elements of induction and good practice
- Develop your own induction programme specific to your organisation
- Explore participants current practice
- Establish a definition of induction
- Undertake an exercise matching ‘volunteer requirements’ to ‘organisation expectations
Examine what other organisations do / recommend
- Introductions and housekeeping
- Welcome everybody, basic housekeeping rules, trainer’s background and course programme
- Participant introductions
- Participants introduce themselves and what they hope to gain from the course.
- What you currently do (different types of induction)
- Identifying what the participants currently do to establish a variety of different ways to run volunteer inductions and explore issues they currently experience
- Volunteer opportunity categories
- Provide participants with an understanding of what other organisations do depending on the type of volunteer opportunity, its size, structure and nature
- Definition of induction
- Establish the OED and Volunteering England definitions to understand why induction is so important to the volunteer as well as the charity / organisation as a key element of working together
- Matching Volunteer and Organisation requirements
- Discuss and compare what volunteers might require / expect as part of the process along with what organisations consider essential and practical
- Good practice
- Identify good practice across the sector introducing participants to a number of ideas they may not have thought of, or thought pertinent to their organisation
- Volunteer handbook
- Discover why a volunteer handbook is important and what key element s should be included within it
Up to 6.25 hours 10am to 4:15 pm including breaks and 45 minutes for lunch which will be provided.
These courses are in demand so book early to ensure that you have a place!