Date(s) - 16th May
10:00 am - 4:15 pm
St John's Church
The course costs £40 to members of TVA and £55 to non-members including lunch.
If you would like to become a member of TVA download the membership pack here Membership Pack 2019-20
This one-day course is designed for those thinking about becoming a trustee and for new and existing trustees who could benefit from some formal training around their roles, particularly identifying trustee responsibilities and liabilities.
- Define the legal status of Trustees
- Recognise ways to reduce associated risks and potential legal challenges
- Develop good practice specific to your organisation
Establish who can and who can’t be a trustee, summarise trustee roles, responsibilities and liabilities
- Identify the 3 strands of governance
- Review your role and responsibility for good financial management
- Welcomes and Housekeeping
- Participant Introductions
- What is a trustee?
- Who can be a trustee?
- Roles, responsibilities and liabilities
- Governing without managing
- Corporate / fiduciary
- Relationship with chair and chief executive
- Understanding finance
Course Tutor – Matthew Plumbridge
The course will be run by Matthew Plumridge who has worked in the not-for-profit and charitable sector for over 25 years in roles such as volunteer co-ordinator, project manager and Board member working with small, medium and large UK and international charities. He is a former Trustee of Volunteering England, Disability Initiative, Toc H and Positive Action (an HIV Charity). Matthew has interviewed over 5,000 prospective volunteers in his time, managed two volunteer centres in Surrey and managed 2,500 volunteers on 60 + community projects
Up to 6.25 hours 10am to 4:15 pm including breaks and 45 minutes for lunch which will be provided.
These courses are in demand so book early to ensure that you have a place!