Date(s) - 19th Mar
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Tandridge Voluntary Action
Workshop for Charities and Voluntary Organisations
Tuesday 19 March, 10am-1.00pm
Some organisations have no trouble in recruiting and retaining volunteers whilst others seem to struggle. In this workshop we will be examining those factors that help organisations succeed in attracting and retaining volunteers, drawing on established good practice in the field.
The workshop will cover:
- The importance of understanding different volunteer motivations
- How to ensure that your organisation is attractive to volunteers at all stages in the process
- Ways of identifying and managing volunteer support within your organisation
- How to spot and respond where things are going wrong
- Effective ways of rewarding and valuing volunteers.
The workshop will be practical and interactive throughout and provide opportunities for networking and drawing on examples of what works well from each other, as well best practice at national level.
We will also be hearing about the positive experiences of volunteers within local settings.
The workshop will be led by Martin Faiers who has had extensive experience of advising organisations on volunteering best practice as well as managing volunteers himself.
Bookings are closed for this event.