Donations raised through the Community Foundation’s own local Coronavirus Response Fund, as well as funds made available for distribution in Surrey from the National Emergencies Trust Coronavirus Appeal will support community and voluntary organisations that are assisting some of Surrey’s most vulnerable people at this time.
Fund Aim and Priorities
To support community and voluntary groups assisting in the relief effort, in easing the immediate difficulties communities are facing and to support their recovery over the coming weeks and months.
Priority will be given to voluntary organisations providing support to the most vulnerable and isolated, including:
- Older people
- People with disabilities
- People with mental health needs
- People on low incomes; and
- Families with young children
Grants of up to £5,000 will be awarded to support the following:
- Enabling the delivery of services to vulnerable people – including but not limited to food banks, befriending schemes and other crucial community services and activities to support vulnerable people at this time.
- Providing information, advice, counselling and other support and community services to help people cope with isolation and the emotional stress caused in the short and medium term.
- Supporting essential running costs to enable organisations to continue to deliver vital services.
- Enabling organisations to deliver differently – for example equipment to enable remote working or telephone helplines rather than face-to-face support, and moving to one-to-one outreach rather than group
Retrospective payments may be made to cover costs incurred in urgent response to the crisis.activities.
If your organisation is in need of support, apply using the information below!
Applying to the Coronavirus Response Fund
CFS are offering telephone interview slots to support groups with this application.
Please complete this Doodle Poll
You will need to enter the telephone number you wish for them to reach you on, and be ready for their call at your chosen time as they can only offer 30 minutes slots due to capacity.
Please note, their main grants programme is still operating as usual.
– 17th April 2020
– 17th July 2020
– 9th October 2020
Expressions of Interest are welcome at anytime
Please note, CFS are now remote-working in accordance with the latest advice. For grant application and funding enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org and for general enquiries email email@example.com. If you need to reach them by phone then call 01483 478092, which will connect you with one of their team working remotely.