Tandridge Voluntary Action (TVA) is a charity supporting the local voluntary, community and faith sector across the district of Tandridge in Surrey.
TVA receives funding from Surrey County Council, Tandridge District Council and the NHS East Surrey Clinical Commission Group.,
TVA is managed by a Board of Trustee Directors, some of whom are representatives of voluntary, community and faith sector organisations in Tandridge. Services are delivered by a small staff team.
Tandridge Voluntary Action's Strategic Aims are to –
- Raise the profile and perception of the VCFS, with TVA as a key point of contact for support and guidance.
- Develop TVA service provision on evidence-led needs and gaps, with flexibility to respond to emerging issues and change
- Recruit and match optimum numbers of volunteers with appropriate organisations.
- Strive for governance good practice, both internally in TVA and externally in the Voluntary, Community and Faith sector.
- Assist Voluntary, Community and Faith sector organisations to access funding opportunities from a wide range of sources.
TVA currently provides the following services -
- Collaborative initiatives aimed at strengthening the voluntary, community and faith sector.
- Volunteering opportunities – brokering and matching volunteers to organisations, through volunteer centres in Caterham and Oxted.
- Governance information, funding advice and training for voluntary organisations.
- Networking and engagement events.
- Back-office support – photocopying, laminating, equipment hire.
- Representing the voluntary sector at relevant forums and partnerships.
- Managing the Community Hub in Oxted, providing office and meeting room resources.
- Encouraging best practice in all aspects of equality and cultural diversity.
- Befriending Scheme and Dementia Friendly Reading Groups.