Tandridge Voluntary Action (TVA) is a charity supporting the local voluntary, community and faith sector across the district of Tandridge in Surrey.
TVA receives funding from Surrey County Council, Tandridge District Council and the NHS East Surrey Clinical Commission Group.
TVA is managed by a Board of Trustee Directors, some of whom are representatives of voluntary, community and faith sector organisations in Tandridge. Services are delivered by a small staff team.
Tandridge Voluntary Action's Strategic Aims are to –
- Raise the profile of TVA and the VCFS.
- Develop services to strengthen communities.
- Recruit and match volunteers.
- Practice and promote good governance.
- Secure a sustainable funding future for TVA.
- Assist the VCFS to increase their capacity for securing sustainable funding.
TVA currently provides the following services -
- Collaborative initiatives aimed at strengthening the voluntary, community and faith sector.
- Volunteering opportunities – brokering and matching volunteers to charities.
- Governance information, funding advice and training for voluntary organisations.
- Networking and engagement events.
- Photocopying, laminating and equipment hire.
- Managing the Community Hub in Oxted, providing office and meeting room resources.
- Befriending Scheme and Reading Together Reading Aloud.